We love wildflowers. It is not a secret. We collect them for teas, for air purification, to draw, and just to enjoy their fragile yet strong being. We love to follow how the seasons change and flowers in nature are the best signs. Some blossom, some fade, and some are in buds. Even if it feels like late spring by flowers we can see it is already early autumn.
We have put together a set of our existing colors – 15 subtle, light, bright and delicate colors that will be a perfect companion in your floral watercolor adventures. We love painting meadows, gardens and forest – tiny humble flowers of all colors and these are our choices:
- Baltic meadow set – a set of 6 colors for spring meadow flowers – light cowslip yellow, light forget-me not blue, bright red swamp cinquefoil, dark wine red color of our wood cow wheat, bentgrass mustard yellow-green and meadow green
- Gold ochre – beautiful warm natural yellow
- Mayan red – bright pinkish-red that is perfect in all mixes
- Ultramarine rose – light granulating soft pink
- Ultramarine violet – granulating violet that is so common in flowers
- Masha’s green – bright spring green and greens in the sunshine
- Solstice fern – most loved green by you
- River – dark green-blue with a unique granulating effect for shadows
- Deep blue – warm blue for garden blues like delphiniums
- French ultramarine – another classic, granulating blue with a slight red tint
Together with our Moody Landscape set you can get 30 colors that will be a beautiful beginning of DeepDeepLight collection.
All our watercolors mix nicely with other natural and human-made pigments. For best performance add a few drops of water some minutes before starting to paint. It will reactivate the pigment and will be more fluid.
All our watercolors are handmade from pigment or pigment mixes, binders, and essential oils as conservative. Binder is made by ourselves from gum arabic, natural honey, and water. Our watercolors have a flowery scent, with lemongrass as the top note and sandalwood in the base note.