Deep Forest is our love for wild forests. We have been lucky to live in and around unspoiled and truly wild forests. With birds, wild animals, and forest treats – berries and wild sorrel in summer, fresh buds in springs, and mushrooms in autumns. And forest has always been a place we have honored and it is like a temple for us. If you don’t honor the forest, you can get lost, you can be eaten by wolves, and the night can fall earlier than expected. That is what forest people tell their young children. What we know for sure – the forest is the place we, humans, could survive for a long time. And it has so beautiful colors we couldn’t resist mixing them! Our Deep Forest set has 6 colors, all designed by us, granulating and wild, they come in a tin for 6 with a hinged lid.
Six Deep Forest colors are:
- Cloudberry (yellow of cloudberries and chanterelles)
- Cranberry (red of cranberries and autumn leaves)
- Very Pery Billberry (muted violet of bilberries and night sky after sunset)
- Paynes Grey Blueberry (greyish-blue of blueberries and autumn sky)
- Wan Dyke Bark (grey-brown of barks and bog waters)
- Forest green (warm dark green of deep pine forest and moss)
All our watercolors mix nicely with other natural and human-made pigments. For best performance add a few drops of water some minutes before starting to paint. It will reactivate the pigment and will be more fluid.
All our watercolors are handmade from pigment or pigment mixes, binders, and essential oils as conservative. Binder is made by ourselves from gum arabic, natural honey, and water. Our watercolors have a flowery scent, with lemongrass as the top note and sandalwood in the base note.